Click here to follow my other blog, Carla Fancies!

Search This Blog

Deuce Beauties Followers

Monday, April 18, 2011

NOTW: Monarch Butterfly

Since the weathers been super gorgeous in the Bay Area, I've been inspired by so many designs, photos, and patterns. I have so many ideas floating around in my head, that I can't seem to decided which design to create first! -_-

Speaking of floating, I decided to do a Monarch Butterfly mani. I was inspired by a tote that I saw at Walmart. Then, a few hours later, I found a tutorial on YouTube and I immediately knew that it would be on my top 3 manis! Not to mention the butterflies in the intro of The Secret Life of the American Teenager! Daren Kagasoff, who plays Ricky, is one FINE @$$ boy! 'Scuse the language, but I LOVE him! ;) Anyway, here's my take!

*I've been wearing this mani since Friday, and still no chipping! It's really annonying when you put so much effort into nail art, only to have them chip! I like to wear detailed nail art for at least a week before I remove them. :)

Mani pre glitter

alternate view

What I Used:
Sally Hansen: Lightening
WnW: Sunny Side up
WnW: Hallucinate
black & white acrylic paint
detailing brush
dotting tools
cosmetic sponge for gradient effect

Hope you like! :)

Have you ever created a butterfly mani? What are your thoughts on my butterfly mani? I'd love to know down below!

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!!! I've always wanted to try this. Maybe one of these days. You really did a beautiful job. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brenda: Thank you, you're too sweet! :) Let me know if you decide to try it out; I'd love to see the outcome! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woah!! This is sooooooo awesome! I wish I could do this, but I'm not that artsy!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments, feedback, input, questions, and/or suggestions are greatly appreciated. I take time to read each and every comment and try my best to respond at my earliest convenience. Please do not leave your blog link in this comment box asking me to join/take a look at your blog. If you do, I will still read your comment, but it will be immediately deleted. Instead, please e-mail me at deucebeauties@yahoo.com and I will gladly oblige. Thank you!