Click here to follow my other blog, Carla Fancies!

Search This Blog

Deuce Beauties Followers

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Somewhere over the rainbow: China Glaze Crackle Glaze

I've been completely "gaga" over these polishes and have been experimenting with a wide variety of colors. I also wanted to know what finishes worked best with this particular crackle polish. I decided to kill two birds with one stone by painting my nails the colors of the rainbow and using a few different finishes I had in my collection. Here a a few pics!


I started by diagonally painting my nails the colors of the rainbow, then added a medium layer of Black Mesh on top.
(Note: Since you'll be putting the crackle polish above the base colors, the lines do not have to be perfect. Once you apply the crackle polish, the uneven lines become nonexistent!)

Here are the polishes/finishes I used to achieve this design:
(NOTE: The green & the last two colors are completely off, my camera hates blues and purples -_-)

Red Hot Tamale: Creamy/Jelly Finish
Sunny Side Up: Creme Finish
Lightening: Satin Finish
Irish Green: Jelly Finish
Mint Apple: Pearl Finish
Midnight Blue: Metallic Finish
Let's Talk: Metallic Finish

As you can see, the crackle effect seemed to work great with these finishes. I wonder how will it work with foil, glitter, neon's, holographic, and duochrome finishes!

As always, hope this helps! =)

Have you tried any rainbow patterns on your nails?! I'd love to know down below! =)

1 comment:

Your comments, feedback, input, questions, and/or suggestions are greatly appreciated. I take time to read each and every comment and try my best to respond at my earliest convenience. Please do not leave your blog link in this comment box asking me to join/take a look at your blog. If you do, I will still read your comment, but it will be immediately deleted. Instead, please e-mail me at deucebeauties@yahoo.com and I will gladly oblige. Thank you!