Click here to follow my other blog, Carla Fancies!

Search This Blog

Deuce Beauties Followers

Friday, March 18, 2011

Nail designs: Fun with scissors

Three days ago, I was doing my daily blog surfing and I stumbled across the talented, Chloe's Blog. She creates beautiful nail art by cutting fun shapes with tape and using them as stencils. If you have not checked her out, you're missin' out! ;)

Anyway, she posted a few pics of some scissors she picked up at her craft store. After seeing this post, I immediately ran to my desk drawer and pulled out two of my scissors.

The last time I used these were it High School! 

First attempt: Take it easy on me, it's my first try. -_- Not the greatest, but I'll get there!
Sally Hansen: Mint Sorbet
Sinful Colors: Savage & Last Chance

Second Attempt: Getting a little better at it.
Rimmel: Steel Grey

Third Attempt: My favorite color combination out of the three!
Sinful Colors: Savage
Dr.'s Remedy: Dark Brown

Tips:
1.) Let base color dry completely before adding tape
2.) Let each coat dry completely before removing tape
3.) This technique is very time consuming. (cutting tape, application, dry time)
4.) Patience is required for best results
 I'm very persistent and I'm really hoping to get this technique down soon! *crosses fingers* I'll post new pics once I get it down.
As always, hope this helps & happy shopping!  

Have you tried this out? I'd love to know down below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments, feedback, input, questions, and/or suggestions are greatly appreciated. I take time to read each and every comment and try my best to respond at my earliest convenience. Please do not leave your blog link in this comment box asking me to join/take a look at your blog. If you do, I will still read your comment, but it will be immediately deleted. Instead, please e-mail me at deucebeauties@yahoo.com and I will gladly oblige. Thank you!