Click here to follow my other blog, Carla Fancies!

Search This Blog

Deuce Beauties Followers

Friday, March 11, 2011

Review: Hard Candy Fox in a Box

If you've read my quick post yesterday, you know that I've been MIA and that I had a mini haul to show you! So, let's get started! Ever since I spoke to a Representative at Hard Candy a couple weeks ago, I have been WAITING for these items to be released! Every time I go to my local Walmart, the HC section is where I "go-to" first! It seems as if every time I'm there, they are always sold out of the newer products! Not this time! When I went about 2 weeks ago, they had about 5-6 boxes of each color! Unfortunately, I went back today to pick up the other two colors(skinny dipping & hot flash), they were all out! -_- Boo! Anyway, here are a few photos!

Fox in a Box: $6.00 ea

Don't they remind you of Benefit Blushes? But, just more affordable and easily accessible?!
All of these blushes have a magnet inside, which closes the cover to the box.

Truth or Dare
My favorite out of the three and also the most wearable for me.
The bronzer is a bit on the lighter side,(which i love btw) which means you can build the intensity to your liking, without making you look "orange"! It's so hard for me to find a bronzer that won't make me look orange! The bronzer is a soft, satin finish  The blush is also very buildable . It's a soft baby pink blush with a satin finish.

Spicy and Sweet
With this blush, i recommend using a light hand, since the hot pink is more of a bolder/brighter color. It can also be a little more"over powering" than the other 3 shades in this box. I like to use this when i want to add a "pop" of color to my face. This has a matte/satin finish.

Smooth Talker
(please, excuse the no front/back covers)
This is the most natural out of the bunch. It really gives me a nice, healthy glow, without looking overly shiny/oily. It also, works great as a highlight. This is also, a satin finish.

Brush of choice:
For these particular blushes, i like to use my elf blush brush since it is small/narrow enough to pick up one color at a time.

Overall: I am in complete "awe" with the quality, texture, pigmentation, and finishes that these blushes/bronzer have to offer. At $6 a piece, I feel as if you are truly getting your moneys worth! The only con to these babies, are the brushes they come with! Like many of the drugstore brushes that are included w/ blushes/bronzers, they are very scratchy and flimsy! 
As always, hope this helps & happy shopping! =)

Have you picked up these blushes? How do think they compare to Benefits Blushes? I'd love to know down below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments, feedback, input, questions, and/or suggestions are greatly appreciated. I take time to read each and every comment and try my best to respond at my earliest convenience. Please do not leave your blog link in this comment box asking me to join/take a look at your blog. If you do, I will still read your comment, but it will be immediately deleted. Instead, please e-mail me at deucebeauties@yahoo.com and I will gladly oblige. Thank you!